It's Valentine's Day and we're all thinking it...give me all the chocolate! That doesn't mean you have to derail your healthy habits, though. Whip up some of this Avocado Chocolate Mousse for you and your Valentine, whether that is your significant other, your bestie, or even your mom!
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1 large ripe avocado (or 2 small)
1oz raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
2oz coconut milk (or any nut milk)
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 chunk of bittersweet dark chocolate, grated
2 tsp cacao nibs (optional)
- In a food processor, purée the avocado until smooth.
- In a cup or bowl, combine the cocoa powder and milk until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cocoa and milk mixture to the avocado, along with the remaining ingredients. Blend everything together until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into individual bowls and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Top with grated bittersweet dark chocolate and sprinkle over cocoa nibs.
The mousse can be eaten straight away, but is best if chilled for at least 2 hours to achieve a thicker, creamier consistency.
To spice up your mousse even more, give one of these toppings a try! Fresh raspberries or strawberries, chopped pistachios, toasted and chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or sprinkle over a generous pinch of espresso powder.
Photo by: Well Plated